Friday, September 11, 2009

Changes.


Dear all,

You may have noticed our absence over the past month or two.
You probably all know that I had a baby 9 months ago. Like all babies of her age she is into absolutely everything.
Recently, I have said Goodbye, to her sleeping for 5 hours during the day and Hello, to Stair-gates and being on 24hr danger patrol. All this means that I have very little spare time and what I do have is precious...

To film a video takes approx 1hr 10 (minimum).
To edit the video takes 1hr 30 (minimum).
To create the movie file takes about 55 minutes.
To upload onto YouTube usually takes 2hrs 30.
From start to finish it takes about 6 hours...per video!

If a look is very complex there is the need to edit and create and upload 2 videos. Which I simply don't have time for.

As you may know YouTube lets us upload a maximum of 10 minutes but I have found that I can still upload 10mins.40secs. However, exceeding our time limit means that we cannot upload in HD and nor can I automatically upload from iMovie which would cut the whole process down by an hour.

With this in mind Nic and I have decided to become YouTube partners.
This means that we can create one long video and upload it straight from iMovie which cuts down the time drastically. As I said before, it also means you will enjoy a higher quality of video.
To see what I mean check out the quality of our Eyeko competition video. It does make a huge difference.

We hope that getting a better quality, longer video will make up for us backtracking.
I really hope you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment